Middle East Technical University Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering programme graduates,
- Preferred by pioneer national and internatial organizations as successful practitioners of Petoleum Engineering job who will take the task on evaluation of underground energy source fluids as petroleum and natural gas,coming at the first place,geothermal,shale gas and coal gas.
- Reach the manager position in the national and international organizations where they work,serve at active and policy-maker positions.
- Have successful academic career at Petroleum Engineering deparments of the universities.
- Carry on successful tasks at the minor branches of the sector as research and development, transportation, supervising, marketing and sales.
- Having knowledge of basic mathematics and physical sciences up to the mark of professing engineering.
- Having knowledge of Petroleum Engineering up to the mark of professing any of the three main branches of the Petroleum Engineering which are Reservoir Engineering,Production Engineering and Drilling Engineering.
- Reaching to a critical reasoning level at which s/he can apply,analyse and evaluate the basic engineering and petroleum engineering knowledge that s/he has.
- Having the sufficient knowledge for recognizing and portraying the possible problems that s/he may face during professing and having skills of improving stratgies to handle with these problems.
- Possessing of reaching to new information, interpretation of that information and self perpetuation ability that is required by their ever-growing,changing job and by disciplinary and interdsiciplinary studies in which they can be included.
- Self-perpetuation by continuous learning habit upon their strong basic engineering knowledge that they gained during their education.
- Being at the professional perfection for self-working as well having an ability of working with a team harmonazingly.
- Having necessary qualifications for taking responsibility individually or as a member of a team, guiding and collimating when a task is assigned or when needed.
- Consciousness of necessity of sharing the acquired craft knowledge and experience with others and being up to use communication methods and instruments for actively sharing that knowledge and experience.
- Regarding not only the professional marks and earnings but also the society and environment during solving of professional problems.
- Paying attention to ethical values and codes of conduct both in professional and social life.
- Evaluating the encountered problems not only from engineering perspective but also from social,environment and ethical perspectives and searching for and applying realistic solutions to them by these criterias into account.